Thank you instructors! Thank you Universal Imaging and SonoScape who donated the machines for the event. This was UC Davis’s first SonoWars and it was a great success. Over 100 students from all years at the school of medicine, NP/PA program, the EMXperience interns, and a 5 Touro Students attended the event. Students were broke into 8 teams. The night began with Dr. Nate Kuppermann giving a stirring introduction followed by 40 minutes of team video Q&A lead by myself. The teams then competed in 8 games:
- How fast can you FAST?
- Pass the phyrigian cap: team RUSH exam
- Beat the expert: cardiac anatomy
- Beer goggles: thoracic exam
- Lung pathology tutorial
- Simulation case: pulmonary embolism
- Race to cannulate the peripheral IV
- Points for upper extremity anatomy: nerves and veins
The focus remained on upper extremity and thoracic anatomy because the first year medical students had just covered this in anatomy lab.
Also a thank you to our catering: The Blonde Empanada.